+-The Moogles Hideout-+
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's NOT Play Xenosaga II

3 posters

Go down

Let's NOT Play Xenosaga II Empty Let's NOT Play Xenosaga II

Post  Blacksky 7th March 2011, 9:32 pm

Instead of a lets play where we talk about how great the game is and its funny moments how about we do a LETS NOT PLAY! In here you will find all the reasons why you SHOULDNT play xenosaga 2. These reasons will most likely include: horrid music, long pauses in the dialogue, retarded character redesign (which was NOT needed) and an overly complexe battle system, and much more! STAY TUNED!!!

But for now here is a teaser hehe

Now wasnt that fun? Its like a cruel joke you play on your friends by forcing them to listen to this loopy high pitched piece of shit music! Oh wait im kinda doing that....
Blacksky
Blacksky
Admin

https://themoogleshideout.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Let's NOT Play Xenosaga II Empty Re: Let's NOT Play Xenosaga II

Post  supercatbarf :3 8th March 2011, 11:08 am

Can't watch the video since school's internet is like a cotton yarn string and 2 cups, but lmao good call! I so remember that music still, that high pitch one note piano mashing I want to knee in the nads is etched in my brain. And you started with Kaos or w/e his name is which is like the pansiest character with the largest character-to-name contradiction, I didn't really like him as a character in Xeno I and then they made him even more boring and lifeless-religious like! Although this would be a good way for you to beat the game by keeping us updated how royally fucked the writers made the game after Xeno I, so then you can play Xeno III which looks like they ass-whipped by pissed off fans.

And that was a cruel joke you played on me!
supercatbarf :3
supercatbarf :3

Back to top Go down

Post  Blacksky 8th March 2011, 12:47 pm

Sucks ben wasnt there when we played it. He will never know the true danger of this song until he listens to it drunk for like 1hr, just constantly looping and NEVER changing as its the main song for second miltia and every single sub district of the city. Whats even better is the story doesnt really tell you where to go. So like you are walking around like a fool trying to progress the story and this song... just every fuckin second... DUNDUNDUNDUNDUN!!!!.

Yea Chaos should of been called Faggy or something lol. He wasnt half that bad in xeno 1 but in 2 hes so shitty both in just his character and his stats. The little girl on my party (momo) who uses a fucking bow and is suppose to be a healer does like 5x more dmg to people than chaos. What a waste of disk space.

But yea ill pretty much just keep posting on this topic as i play the game and just give you a rundown of the dumb moments or maybe even things i liked. That can happen right? Me liking something from xeno 2... its possible you know. Dont doubt me. NEVAR doubt me. Only I doubt me... ah fuck it its just going to be a straight up rant.

STAY TUNED!!!
Blacksky
Blacksky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkShadow14 9th March 2011, 8:50 pm

Arghgh! That song is just annoy for the 2mins I listened to it. I never want to endure the pain of that song for more than that. The beginning wasn't too bad, but then it went all repeat the same 2 sec loop for hmm... ever!

Good luck beating the game! Hopefully you will run into somethign you actually like though
DarkShadow14
DarkShadow14

http://awalkinthewoods.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blacksky 26th May 2011, 1:37 pm

Just beat disk 1 at about 9 hours in.

My thoughts?

Mixed. Here is why:

Gameplay: 8/10
At first, this was one of the most complex and frustrating parts of the game. There are so many variables like attack zones, back attacks, type of attacks,range of attacks, rando field factor etc. Like so much shit to keep track of compared to xeno 1 which was straight foward combat. But to be honest, once you know it well its actually kinda fun to play. Still too complex by all means but def not a factor that brings this game down in any way. Still want to see the A.G.W.S's (big mechs) of this game though. Was a big part of xeno 1 being so awesome. Also a quick note that the levelling system in xeno 2 isnt the best but acceptable. Lacking cool specific to a character power moves apart from KOSMOS who has all these sick weapons.
Sound: 6/10
Only reason this isnt lower is because once you get past the loopy madness that is the second miltia song you actually get some fairly decent songs. Not the best but suits the game atleast.
Story 9/10
Probably the stronger side to both the first and second game. In xeno 2, you pretty much spend all of the first disk in a virtual world inside of momo who is getting uber hacked by albedo. Its really neat cuz you get to relive momo's past who you find out actually died and the momo you know is actually a replica of her real self (which you kinda already knew but cool to see exactly what happened). You also learn why Jr (the little kid) is always trying to protect momo cuz he was one of the artificial lifeforms created to combat this unknown infection that was killing the real momo. If you know the game, hes a URTV built to fight UDO. Which is complex as fuck but gets a good explanation in xeno 2. UDO still not being 100% explained but its like an unbalanced force that currupts shit... kinda like the dark side hehe. Then you get the backstory on rubedo, albedo and negredo (aka gaingnun) which is pretty sick to see how Albedo, who was all calm and normal, turned out to be such a crazy man! But yeah i like the story and how so much takes place in second miltia. Like in reality, the entire first disk is just second miltia yet so much happens. Best part for sure Very Happy
Quality 5/10
Oh boy. Where to start. Voice acting is terrible for the most part. Dialogue seems forced and people talk so god dam slow that sometimes a sentence that should be said with aggression is said so calmly that its just awful to witness haha. The speech is slower than xeno 1 which was pretty slow if you ask me. Voice quality is faily good overall but WTF is up with momo's battle speeches. It sounds like they recorded it in a fucking tube. Its the worse voice quality ive ever heard in a game and the reason why i dont use her lol. Its BAD. Cutscene at the start was pretty sick though and prob the only reason why i didnt give this a rly shit score.

FINAL SCORE: 7/10
Its certainly not as bad is it seems when you first get on second miltia. Is it good? Well, not really but its acceptable. The fact that the game is like half the length of the first game also helps it a lot because i dont get that drag you down grinding feeling while playing. On the other hand, if i would of bought this game full price when it first came out i would have been PISSED. No wonder the disk i have has some fairly good scratches. The guy probably threw that shit across the room the moment the game started to load cuz he knew it was gonna be mad. Little did he know it was actually gonna be SUPER average!!... well thats not much better but hey its playable. Final review to come when i beat it! (it will be much shorter since i pretty much touched the main points in this one)
Blacksky
Blacksky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down