+-The Moogles Hideout-+
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Motoi Sakuraba (Tales of) song

3 posters

Go down

Favorite Motoi Sakuraba (Tales of) song Empty Favorite Motoi Sakuraba (Tales of) song

Post  Blacksky 7th March 2011, 11:56 pm

Whats some of your fav Motoi Sakuraba songs? (the guy who composes for tales)

Here are some of my favs:

Defeat the angel - Very epic if you played symphonia as the game had a lot to do with religion (hense the chuch bells)
Meaning of birth
Fatalize
Full force - Best battle theme from any tales game imo
Never surrender

Mainly from symphonia+abyss since we overheard vesperia lol.
Blacksky
Blacksky
Admin

https://themoogleshideout.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Favorite Motoi Sakuraba (Tales of) song Empty Re: Favorite Motoi Sakuraba (Tales of) song

Post  supercatbarf :3 8th March 2011, 5:46 pm

supercatbarf :3

Back to top Go down

Favorite Motoi Sakuraba (Tales of) song Empty Re: Favorite Motoi Sakuraba (Tales of) song

Post  DarkShadow14 9th March 2011, 8:43 pm

Hooray for church bells and I was looking at the picture for the video and it looks like he has a sword for an arm, which would be pretty sweet cause then you could never drop your sword haha.
Meaning of Birth sounds like they were trying to shoot a commercial or something in fast forward or there's some giant parade going on with every character from the game and they're each playing an instrument or something.
Fatalize is probably my favourite song from your list. All the instruments just fit so well together. Full Force is pretty sweet though too.

Duke - I remember when you guys were playing this at Karl's house and I'd pretty much always be passing out on the couch, but whenever I'd hear this music I'd start to pay attention cause I knew shit was going down haha plus the songs just cool.
Those Who Lost Their Protection is the song that I imagine is constantly playing in Karol's head that he dances to as he sits on the sidelines of battles and is abused for his TP. In his mind he thinks he's such an awesome hero haha
and ya... I don't quite know what the finger is and why it's abducting the world?!?

Alright, my list is basically slow and/or evil music with a few exceptions, so you have to be in the right mindset to listen to most of this music. The "I lieks me music orchestrated with dramaticness added in" mindset and have nothing, but patience haha. Here it goes.
1. Yin and Yang
(Evil Suspect, slow, sad and perfect for the transformation of a good character into an evil one hehe)
2. Venus Lighthouse
(Starting out on your first adventure? Here's just the song you need)
3. Dantotsu
(Are you fat and confused? This is probably how other picture you)
4. Reality and Honesty, then Truth
(I'm not 100% sure why I like this song. I think it's mainly the awesome piano and dream like quality it has)
5. The Dawn of Departure
(Not that great to just listen to, but suits the title screen PERFECTly. Gives you the sense the the title screen is trying to lie to you and give the impression that the game will be all peaceful and that nothing's going to go wrong, but then the low notes are the bits of truth that are seeping out and telling you it's all a lie and there is corruption going on.)
6. Pleasant Intrigue
(I like this song because I feel like when the events in Vesperia are over all of the main characters get together, form a band and then create this awesome song. I can just picture Repede playing the xylophone or whatever that is)
DarkShadow14
DarkShadow14

http://awalkinthewoods.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  supercatbarf :3 17th March 2011, 6:59 pm

Soo I found two more songs I really like from MOWTOY on shuffle:

Awkward Justice - Tales of the Abyss
[As if no one put this one in, I am shocked. I love the beginning beat for the most part and the guitar makes you think it's a fucking hard battle (it's not kidding either). Most frustrating battle with Fang and Largo (hope I'm not spoiling but you should know right from the beginning you will fight them in the near future lol and well we've already spoiled quite a bit) one of the first Tales game that required grinding albino <- haha I think that's the best one]

Beyond the Mirage - Tales of Vesperia
[SO MUCH DEATH FROM PEACEFULNESS in this song, this is what I would want to hear when I'm dying, just so abusingly peaceful]

Back to top Go down

Post  Blacksky 17th March 2011, 11:22 pm

Beyond the Mirage is a good one. So soft, almost DKC like but much softer... Supersoft!!! (lol thats what came to mind). But im not feeling awkward justice. The song length is "Awkward" to start with and it doesnt have a peak imo. Kinda like a run-on battle theme. Dunno, thats just me
Blacksky
Blacksky
Admin

https://themoogleshideout.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  supercatbarf :3 18th March 2011, 6:39 am

haha thats the perfect word for it (supersoft!!)! Run-on is a perfect description because the battle never ends and stretches way too long and meanwhile you're being beat the crap out of by moves that shouldn't exist yet! I agree about the length of the song though it's a little unnecessary to repeat it, should be hacked in half and then it would be just enough so you enjoy it but not so long where you get sick of it fast. It doesn't have a peak because it's kind of a themed battle, plays more than once for the same type of ppl. I dunno I still like it Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down