+-The Moogles Hideout-+
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My thoughts on Minecraft

2 posters

Go down

My thoughts on Minecraft Empty My thoughts on Minecraft

Post  Blacksky 10th April 2011, 2:26 am

AWESOME. (end)

lol I kid but this game is amazing in so many ways. It is probably the most creative yet simplistic game ive ever played... and maybe the only one at that lol. The premise is to survive in a randomly generated land and really just explore your surroundings and build stuff. Its a full out sandbox game with no story. Kinda reminded me of eternal lands the first time i played it. But instead of having fun kicking hunt deer that would just beat my ass, in Minecraft youll be finding yourself 200 feet below ground digging up rare gems and finding the scariest fucking caves ever. I mean, shit just pops out of nowhere and rapes your ASS. And its not even the monsters themselves, its more the idea of being 200 feet below ground and falling into a massive cavern that potentially might have a zombie waiting to pop out. Its all randomly generated so the moment you start the game the entire map just builds itself while you are walking through it. This makes for a funky map but also some really cool areas like a river flowing out of a cave that is on a REALLY tall mountain. There are also many mmo like things to do like create weaponry, armor, doors, fences etc... Probably my favorite part is how you can take anything and reuse it. So if i mine out 50 blocks or dirt then I now have 50 blocks of dirt in my inventory which i can place anywhere on the map. Really useful for building a house or simply keeping the mobs away.

Thats pretty much just an overview of the game. Sounds really simple and it is but you really have to try it out. I would say torrent an old version of the game if you want to try it because the demo on their site sucks. The actual game is only 20 bucks and offers you servers to play on which would be insane just travelling a map with other players. I would probably buy it if it ran well on my laptop but sadly anything past the alpha stage gives my comp a lag fit :s But its worth a look for the sheer amount of memorable moments you will have while playing the game.

For example, the game has these badguys who are like little mini cactus monsters. They look innocent enough at first but it turns out the are rigged to blow the fuck up when ever they get near you. Well, one night I went on an insane mission to mine really deep and find gold or rare shit. All was going good until I didnt notice i was mining near the surface and i dug up land that seperated the ground and the ocean lol. So bamp a bunch of water came gushing in and i was shot back to pretty much the bottom of the cave losing like 80% of my hp from a killer fall. So at this point im like faaacccckk i got all this rare shit on me, so i decided to forcefully climb up the flooded path i just dug since it went up to the surface about 50 feet from my base. It was getting dark so i was rushing like a mofo and after pretty much fighting the current of the water and jumping from rock to rock i finally got back up to the surface.... where i popped out the water and all i could see was that cactus face and BooooM (GAME OVER). WTHHHH!!!!
My thoughts on Minecraft 2011-01-23_10.15.04
Last thing i saw as i emerged from the water although in my case the screen was super focused on his face lol.

Conclusion: Simple, old school and definitely creative. Worth a look
Blacksky
Blacksky
Admin

https://themoogleshideout.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

My thoughts on Minecraft Empty Re: My thoughts on Minecraft

Post  DarkShadow14 20th May 2011, 1:36 am

Agreed.

...also, if YOU like Minecraft... Check it!
DarkShadow14
DarkShadow14

http://awalkinthewoods.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blacksky 20th May 2011, 7:15 pm

Awesome documentary. Really cool the start where he is talking about his childhood in a snowy place then it transitions to the winter mc. Such a magical game haha
Blacksky
Blacksky
Admin

https://themoogleshideout.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down