+-The Moogles Hideout-+
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Play Tales of the Abyss - PS2

3 posters

Go down

Let's Play Tales of the Abyss - PS2 Empty Let's Play Tales of the Abyss - PS2

Post  DarkShadow14 23rd February 2011, 11:48 am

Tales of the Abyss
Let's Play Tales of the Abyss - PS2 Toa11

Let's Play Tales of the Abyss - PS2 Toa1th10 Let's Play Tales of the Abyss - PS2 Toa2th10 Let's Play Tales of the Abyss - PS2 Toa3th10 Let's Play Tales of the Abyss - PS2 Toa4th10 Let's Play Tales of the Abyss - PS2 Toa5th10 Let's Play Tales of the Abyss - PS2 Toa7th10 Let's Play Tales of the Abyss - PS2 Toa6th10

Alright, so we're already on our next game in the Let's Play series and this time we've got a good one! It was sooo good we made it around 4 or 5 hours in the game without stopping haha. Everything is pretty similar to Tales of Vesperia except your sorcerers ring in this game is way more awesome What a Face and for some reason they like to voice male characters with female voice actors. I also really like the way that you learn cooking in this game. We learned how to cook spaghetti from a women's house in Engeve (First Town) we broke into haha. She was out of miso, so we had to go on a mini adventure to find some and bring it back. They're just more entertaining than finding rando chef.

Mike and I made also made a video of us playing the first hour, so I might end up uploading that if you want to have a look at it and compare it to how different it was from what will be your first hour haha. Most of it is basically us just trying to learn everyone's name and the names of all these towns and random peoples titles. It's almost like they want us to be confused at the beginning haha or maybe it's just cause we weren't paying attention lol. Overall though this game seems like it's going to be really fun and hopefully we'll get between 40 and 60 hours on this game! Oh yeah, the facial expressions are awesome too!

Here's some cool things to check out and don't forget to post anything cool you find when you're playing.

Title
Opening (Best musikz evar!)

Tales of The Abyss First Hour
• | Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 |

Accidental Audio Logs
• | Cave of Ortion |

Last edited by DarkShadow14 on 12th March 2011, 4:40 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : added audio for Cave of Ortion)
DarkShadow14
DarkShadow14

http://awalkinthewoods.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

Let's Play Tales of the Abyss - PS2 Empty Re: Let's Play Tales of the Abyss - PS2

Post  supercatbarf :3 1st March 2011, 11:25 am

Basically what Ben said, not as colourful or trippy as Vesperia but a lot better "little qualities" LIKE OUR SORCERER RING. The beginning I could listen like 5 times over before actually playing the game. It's really hard to tell you anything else without ruining the game for you.. seriously. Yea finding recipes from mini quests is way better than shapeshifting chef that sounds overly surprised you found him and then whacks your head off with his golden wok. The main character in this looks better than Vesperia although maybe not his atttitude lol. And the characters have a way more unique personalities. You better fucking get that game soon.
supercatbarf :3

Back to top Go down

Let's Play Tales of the Abyss - PS2 Empty Re: Let's Play Tales of the Abyss - PS2

Post  DarkShadow14 6th March 2011, 3:22 am

Hurry up and get this game Karl!!!!!!!! haha
Still pissed at the OST for ruining that part of the game for me Mad
DarkShadow14
DarkShadow14

Back to top Go down

Post  Blacksky 6th March 2011, 11:23 am

Wait what did they OST ruin? lol. Yeah i wish i had it lol. Anyday now.... fuck im still waiting for 2 other games apart from abyss. Hopefully this is the big week

But your gameplay vid only gives me a 5min preview and ask me to download the veoh player which is loaded with spyware and shit. So i would either upload it in parts on youtube or find another site
Blacksky
Blacksky
Admin

https://themoogleshideout.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkShadow14 7th March 2011, 2:50 am

A very crucial point of the game... grrrr... haha. Who did you order the game from and why are they taking so long? did they have to order from someone just to get it and then send it to you?

and ya Veoh does suxs, but it's the only site that let's me upload videos of any length and size... and I have MASSIVE length and size heho Laughing I'll have to figure something out cause I don't want to have to make 4-6 parts for every video Sad

anyways Tales of The Abyss is pretty awesome!
DarkShadow14
DarkShadow14

Back to top Go down

Post  Blacksky 7th March 2011, 12:32 pm

4-6 parts isnt bad man. Either edit the best parts in or just slowly upload the parts, like one a day or something so that it doesnt strain you out. Really want to see your first impression of Abyss. The first 5min was like a smack to my face though.

mike: "yea hes been searching for it for like a year"

Lol yup about that. And you guys are playing it first. FAAAACCCCKKK !!!!!!!
Blacksky
Blacksky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  supercatbarf :3 7th March 2011, 5:18 pm

Haha *points* now you know how it feels all because you didn't believe me that a song name could ruin a very story-changing moment!

I feel bad that we are playing it first and partly ruining the game for you but at the same time I'm glad we are playing it lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  Blacksky 7th March 2011, 11:32 pm

OHHHH do you guys mean Van's death? that is a pretty give away song title lol. Just imagine the songs called umm... Van's death metal. It was just a typo in the ost lol
Blacksky
Blacksky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkShadow14 8th March 2011, 3:09 am

There are NO typos ever!! haha
They should have renamed it to "Van's dismissal from the game, which may or may not be permanent..."
DarkShadow14
DarkShadow14

Back to top Go down

Post  supercatbarf :3 8th March 2011, 10:56 am

Van's death metal organ piano would be nice, I think I'll just pretend that's it instead

Back to top Go down

Post  Blacksky 9th March 2011, 1:52 pm

Best parts of the first hour:

Part 1:

*Mike trying to load a game on his first time playing it*
Ben: "What are you doing loading a game???"
haha this isnt vesperia where we had like 50 saved games mike!

Ben+mike: "Talk to the bend over girl!!!!" lmao
Ben: "You should of walked behind her..."
Well that would def solidify your characters assholeness

Mike: "Reading week is NOT for reading" *when talking about reading skits*
Double meaning!

Part 2:

Guy: "Uh-oh. I can't let anyone see me here"
Ben: "They'll think im gay" lmao

Mike: "The hard war"
lol as opposed to those really easy ones

Ben: "you can use it, its not copyrighted"
Thats what the instructor should of said lol

Mike: "This is like a chemisty lesson/game"
Soooo much shit happening with a million names

*Tier rushes towards Luke*
mike+ben: "woohh"
my reaction exactly

Btw really good sound quality for like a handheld point and shoot type of filming
Blacksky
Blacksky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blacksky 14th March 2011, 6:37 pm

Best parts of 1st hour:

Part 3:

Mike: "i think you should make a drinnnnnnnnk" *fades out*
Haha i already miss drinking with you guys. If mike ever said that to me we would be doing strong bombs a second after

Mike: "i hope the french maid likes to bend over too" >.<

Ben: "WOah, forever casting!" Sounds like something you wouldnt use much..

Skits suck on abyss :S. You guys need to always voice act it or its like dead silence lol. You know, seeing the arrow was shot in in a battle makes the song 2x better than just listening to it on your ipod. It really suits the battle.

Part 4:

*Merchant guy gives you his price*
ben: "How about we dont kill you" haha if only you could reply that

Part 5

Ben: "He can not get over his surprision"

Ben you are such a lazy fighter lol. Its just mike doing the work! You guys need to drink more when doing these! have yag bombs on stand by! drunken
Blacksky
Blacksky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkShadow14 14th March 2011, 9:24 pm

lazy's just part of my fighting style! My main moves are casting useless spells, taunting and observing the battlefield haha and I agree with you in that we do need to drink more! I also like that you write all the best parts of each video so that I don't have to go through them and listen to all the dumb shit we say lol.

Flip cam does do a good job of capturing nice sound, but unfortunately for him he's being retired for the new and improved method, which incorporates both great sound and video quality affraid <--- That's ma face right meow.
DarkShadow14
DarkShadow14

Back to top Go down

Post  Blacksky 17th March 2011, 2:24 pm

Wait, you mean you upgraded like meow meow? The sound was pretty good on your vids so far but if it can improve it than bring it on! You'll prob need to get an external hard drive though if you plan to keep all your uploads cuz i wouldnt trust YOUtube. They can be dicks sometimes.

Btw how far are you guys in Abyss? Im suppose to get it anytime now. Ill have to race ma way to where you are using your game play videos as a guide! Well... on second thought... you guys did get lost a lot lol pig (random pig FTW!)
Blacksky
Blacksky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blacksky 25th March 2011, 1:12 pm

Mhahamaha! I got abyss biaaatches! First impression is a bit mixed though. The characters are really good and the story seems to be building itself up to something epic. On the other hand, its probably the most broken tales game ive played yet lol. The load screens are long and are either black or beige (wtf??), controls in battle are a bit stiff, the music will just stop in cutscenes when lots of actions are taking place which just makes it feel awkward and the squared box people don't have VOICESSS!!!!

People rated it so high yet it has tons of problems. Either means we have the fanboy syndrome at work or that the game gets tons of redeeming factors as you advance in it
Blacksky
Blacksky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkShadow14 25th March 2011, 2:15 pm

Waahoooo!! Your game finally finished it's journey of shipping around the WHOLE world... twice.

The game is no where near as polished as Vespy is, with my main complaint being the super long load/save times. However, I find that it's still oen of the better games I've played in my life mainly because of all the crazy shit dialouge that goes on between the main characters... and Mieu is awesome! haha.

I don't think we've run into the beige screen thing, so maybe that's just a super rare glitch and I don't think I've noticed the music stopping in the cutscenes either, maybe you're just paying way more attention than I am when you play haha. But I 100 percentio agree with the voiceless skits being eExTrEMEly weird and pointless without voice acting. There not that bad now that Mike and I try and do our own voice overs though, so maybe you should be all scitzo and voice ALL the skits too and there are a hell of a lot of skits in this game.
DarkShadow14
DarkShadow14

Back to top Go down

Post  Blacksky 28th March 2011, 11:04 am

Well ive played about 20hrs (in a week O_O) and i got to say that its actually a really good game. Lukes resolve really gets you into it, since you arent playing a cocky dumbass the whole way through lol. Its something ive never seen in a tales game yet where the mc is actually the one who drastically changes for the better. I mean, yes yuri changes sure. But nothing like the change we get with luke. You also have your own stress ball (Mieu) which is very handy! Basketball (basketball=mieu)

I also really like guy as a character and how he never gives up on you. I'm actually thinking about playing him in battles instead of luke cuz hes got the super agility to pwn in style! Tear is also a pretty cool character who almost acts like a mother figure yet both luke and her are the same age lol. Worst part is luke just takes it. What a fail on his part

The battle system pwns any other tales game. You can customise so much its nuts! Even the battles with land elements is much better. Vespy was a bit downplayed in terms of battle so atleast abyss can win something! Some cheap bosses though, like the first time you fight largo and how he does like 180dmg per hit and like 400 with his special when you have like 800hp lol. I kept fighting sync cuz he sucked and all i could see is guy going flying on the top of my screen. Damnit man stay alive!!!

On a technical side of it, the beige screen is the screen you get when you press triangle then square really fast after a world map fight. The game will load but will be stuck on the color of the exp+grade screen. Just looks cheap. Btw - guess what - JAPANESE ABYSS HAD VOICE IN SKITS!!! DAM YOU LOCALIZATION TEAM!!! I HAVE YOUR NAMES IN MY BOOKLET AND I WILL FIND YOOOOOOOOU!!!!!!!! study Twisted Evil
Blacksky
Blacksky
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down